John Lee Dumas is the host of Entrepreneur on Fire, one of the most popular and profitable business podcasts on iTunes. He’s also the inspiration for MY podcast, which is what you might call a “serious parody” of John, his many imitators, and their whole entrepreneurial worldview.
John deserves a ton of credit for joining me for this no-holds-barred Q&A, especially because I asked him questions I don’t think he’s accustomed to hearing. I mean, think about it: When I sent John my interview request, he could have easily said: Nope. No thanks, pal. Not interested in talking to you. (Which is what Seth Godin has been telling me recently via email.)
But John didn’t say that.
So thank you, John, for being such a stand-up guy, for responding to your critics — and for your sense of humor.
(Part 2 of this interview won’t be recorded until November 2015, which was the only opening I could book on John’s very busy schedule.)
- John Lee Dumas & Entrepreneur on Fire
- The (Other) Cheerleaders: Seth Godin, Tony Robbins, Chris Brogan, Tim Ferriss, Zig Ziglar, Jack Canfield, and far too many others to count. Just check out iTunes or Amazon and search on “entrepreneur.”
- The Critics: Paul Krugman, Robert Reich, Robert H. Frank, Lawrence Lessig, David Coates, Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz, and many more.
- Robert Reich and the structural problems with the economy (and some solutions) [SHORT VIDEOS]
- laissez-faire economics
- the 2007-2008 financial crisis and economic meltdown
- David Cay Johnston
- Brian Tracy
- The tulip mania (in 1637)
- Keynesian economics
- John Lee Dumas’ monthly income statements for Entrepreneur on Fire
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl
- The Allied invasion of Europe
- The liberation of prisoners in the Nazi death camps
♦ ♦ ♦
Special thanks to our sponsor: Hindenburg Systems, creator of Hindenburg Journalist PRO, the only audio editing system built exclusively for radio journalists and raconteurs. With features that automatically ensure broadcast quality results, Hindenburg Journalist PRO lets you focus on what you do best: telling your story in sound.
Hindenburg. It’s all about the story.